With a rental car, you will be able to explore everything there is to explore in Kuala Lumpur. A rental car makes it easier to get from one place to another and it is more comfortable to drive a car than using public transportation. Renting a car in Kuala Lumpur can be a bit of a challenge if you don’t really know how to deal with a car rental company, especially an international one. If you want to get started with renting a car, read on because we’ll discuss five things you should do.
1. Book In Advance – You’ll find that there are many car rental options at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport, and this includes luxury car rental options. However, it’s easier to book your car rental in advance. By booking in advance you could save a lot of money and you can avoid potential obstacles that you didn’t expect to run into.
2. Know The Difference Between Short And Long-Term Rentals – When you go to Kuala Lumpur, you may not need a car for a week or longer than that. If you plan on going somewhere for only a few hours, then get yourself a short-term rental. Many companies offer both short and long-term rentals. You don’t want to rent a car Kuala Lumpur for any longer than necessary and you don’t want to rent one for short-term purposes when you should be renting one for the long-term.
3. Is Your License Valid – Depending on where you live and the type of driver’s license you have, you will want to make sure it is going to be valid. You can go to a local embassy or visit their website to find out if your license is valid in Kuala Lumpur. Make sure you do this before you get a car rental. Don’t worry if you do need a permit because it is usually easy to get one.
4. Look Into Insurance Options – Remember, accidents can happen regardless of how good of a driver you are. This is why you should consider car rental insurance options, even if you currently have car insurance because the chances are your insurance policy won’t cover you overseas. Many people decide to not get collision damage, but you should get it because if something happens to the rental car, then you’ll be on the hook for repairs.
5. Choose A Rental That Suits Your Needs – Sure, you will be tempted to get a luxury car just because you can afford it, but if you’re on a tight budget, then you need a car that will suit your needs. If you have a lot of luggage or you plan on bringing friends and family along, then get a large vehicle such as an SUV. If you’re alone and you need a vehicle for a short period of time, then a medium sized sedan should be good enough. If you’re not travelling with much luggage and you’re by yourself, then feel free to rent a smaller vehicle.
Renting a car in a foreign country can be a challenging task to tackle on your own. However, you can make things easier by booking your rental beforehand and you can save money by booking your car rental when you book your flight. Let’s not forget to mention that if you don’t do this, then don’t worry because you can easily rent a car when you arrive at the airport. Just make sure you take your time to browse the different rentals available and choose one you can afford and one that best suits your needs. Big Thumb car rental has all of these available in their site.